This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Question about installation

Mar 13, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Dear Thomas,

I am using outlookbackupaddin 1.3 and I really love this addin. I noticed that there is a new version 1.4. When I want to install the new version is it necessary to uninstall version 1.3 or is it possible to install the new version over the old one? And in case off I have to uninstall the old version what are the necessary steps?

Thanks in advance,
Alje Bakker
Coordinator
Mar 14, 2015 at 12:35 PM
Hello Alje,
thanks for your message!
If you need some new features in version 1.4 i suggest to use uninstall 1.3 / install 1.4. This would be the easiest way
and your settings will still be available after installation of 1.4.

Another way is to download the manual installation and replace the files manually in the installation folder with the right "bitness".
But this would be more error prone.

If 1.3 works for you and if you don't need the new features, you can stick on 1.3 without any problems. The changes are listed on the download page.

If you have any further questions, just drop a line.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Mar 16, 2015 at 3:05 PM
Hello Thomas,

Many thanks for your reply.

I need some new features in version 1.4, so it is my intention to install 1.4.
However your statement is clear to me, I still have one big question left. What are the necessary steps to uninstall 1.3? Or can I install 1.4 over 1.3? If so; how? Do I have to execute “BackupExecutor /unregister”?

That process of uninstalling an old version and installing a new version is not completely clear to me.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

Kind regards,
Alje Bakker
Coordinator
Mar 17, 2015 at 9:42 PM
Hello Alje,
you can exit outlook, then use uninstall in your control panel. There is an entry for uninstalling the program.
Afterwards just install the new version in the same directory.
This way, you dont need to unregister anything.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Mar 20, 2015 at 1:05 PM
Hello Thomas,

Many thanks for your response.

I followed your instructions to uninstall the old version and installing the new version.
It works great.
Many thanks again.

Kind regards,
Alje Bakker
Coordinator
Mar 21, 2015 at 10:56 PM
I am glad everything worked :)