This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Wonderfull tool - although missing "closure" of backup

May 20, 2015 at 2:27 PM
Just downloaded and installed, and trying it out.
It is very, very fast.

Either I wasn't patient enough or there are really two things that are missing:
  • there is no notification that copying is done - window stays opened, seemingly nothing happens, and .PST is already copied to another location
  • it does not writes last date backup was performed in config file so it does performs copying every time I close Outlook
Or is there some other "catch"?
Coordinator
May 20, 2015 at 10:33 PM
Hello,
the window should close automatically after backup is done.
If any errors occur, the window will stay open.

Maybe you can post the output window.
How many files do you copy and how large are they?
(the next version will have a progress indicator)
May 21, 2015 at 12:10 PM
ThomasHoffmann said: How many files do you copy and how large are they?

First I copied only one file, about 3 GB in size. Destination folder already had an older version of pst, smaller in size. Backup window stayed open. After 5 mins. I checked, file size and modify date at destination folder were identical with those at source folder
After that, just to test speed, I marked 4 .pst's (together size about 20 GB), and got copied only one (13 GB in size). Destination folder hadn't any version of pst (deliberately moved all pst's to subfolder). Backup window stayed open. After 30 secs. I checked, and file size and modify date at destination folder were identical with those at source folder.
After that, I got back to first option - 1 file, 3 GB size.Same thing happened.

So every time I made copy, it had beed copied, just no last backup date/time written in config file, and no closing the window.

I'll try later to post output window 'cause right now I'm not near the computer I performed copying.

May 21, 2015 at 3:16 PM
OK, disregard last remark.
It's working, although, due to missing progress, one cannot conclude anything until window closes by itself after copying is done.
For 3 GB there was a little bit too strange that it could copy it in 10 secs.

Now I let it run for some 8 mins and it closed and wrote last backup time into config file.
So, it's all ok.

Sorry for remark.
Coordinator
May 21, 2015 at 7:46 PM
Hi!
If you send me a note with your email address I can send you a release canditate for the next version.
This will include a progress bar.
May 21, 2015 at 8:15 PM
Note sent... :)