This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Install issue

Aug 31, 2015 at 7:30 PM
When I go to install this Outlook add in it is telling me the install destination folder must be on a local hard drive. However, I am installing it to a local hard drive.

While I do have my libraries synced with Onedrive, my C drive is obviously not. It's connected to my local laptop and their are no network associations with that drive.

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks so much for this awesome and so very needed and useful add in.
Sep 1, 2015 at 7:47 PM
Anyone?
Coordinator
Sep 1, 2015 at 8:39 PM
Hello,
it might be a permission issue or some problem with the msi-installer of windows.
There are some hints: http://ephams.com/2013/03/10/msi-installer-error-installation-directory-local-hard-drive/
Maybe run as administrator works or use msiexec for installing.

Hope this helps,
Thomas
Sep 3, 2015 at 5:55 AM
Thank you SO much!! Your link didn't work for me. The instructions are correct I just wasn't knowledgeable enough make them work. However, this link - https://help.elgato.com/customer/portal/articles/1666624-troubleshooting-%22install-directory-must-be-on-a-local-hard-drive%22-error-and-elgato-game-capture-hd

provided the same instructions in just a bit of different wording. It was enough for me to make it work. Problem solved, addin installed.

Page to donate?
Coordinator
Sep 3, 2015 at 6:25 PM
Hello,
great to hear that it worked. On some systems the msi seems to fail without admin permission.
Positive feedback is sufficient donation ;)

Greetings,
Thomas
Sep 5, 2015 at 12:40 AM
Tom - is there a way to export the file in .PST format?
Coordinator
Sep 5, 2015 at 9:26 AM
Hello,
the backup tool only provides copy of the pst or ost file. It doesnt do any conversion.
There are tools available to convert ost to pst, most of them are commercial versions.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Sep 8, 2015 at 10:59 PM
Thanks. You mention only does .PST or OST, but no conversion. Is there a setting to change so the default backup is .PST? Or does the back up file depend on the source?
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2015 at 5:18 AM
Hello,
the format of the backup file depends on the source.
Outlook will create an ost-file for exchange- and imap-accounts.
Pop-Accounts are stored as pst-files.

Thus emails within ost-files are usually kept on the serverside.
Pop fetches (and usually deletes after a while) emails from the server and stores them within pst-files.

Kind regards,
Thomas