This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Outlook 2013 - No "Backup" on Ribbon

Oct 14, 2015 at 2:11 PM
I have Office 2013 and downloaded your backup add-on. the documentation said to locate "backup" on the ribbon in order to configure. after i loaded, i do not see "backup" . can you help?
Coordinator
Oct 14, 2015 at 7:44 PM
Hello,
if there is not a new ribbon visible ( ... ,"Folder", "view", "Backup"), please check whether the plugin was loaded
successfully. Go to "File" --> Options --> Add-Ins --> Com-Add Ins --> Go
Within this window you should see a checked entry with "BackupAddin"

If the plugin is not listed, you can go to console and try to register it manually via "BackupExecutor.exe /register"
(start cmd as administrator)

Kind regards,
Thomas
Oct 14, 2015 at 8:30 PM

Thomas: Thanks for the reply. I did not see any of the following: if there is not a new ribbon visible ( ... ,"Folder", "view", "Backup"), please check whether the plugin was loaded
successfully. Go to "File" --> Options --> Add-Ins --> Com-Add Ins --> Go
Within this window you should see a checked entry with "BackupAddin"

If the plugin is not listed, you can go to console and try to register it manually via "BackupExecutor.exe /register"
(start cmd as administrator)

I downloaded the zip file and then opened it. I double clicked on the files “outlookbackupaddin.msi” was this the correct file? I searched for the file: backupexecutor.exe and did not find that either.

What can I try next?

Tom Lord

Coordinator
Oct 15, 2015 at 5:28 AM
Hello Tom,
within the zip file there is an msi file, right.
Actually this msi file must be installed. Maybe another program was assigned to msi-extension
like pack programs and opens it instead of intalling (?)
Can you right-click the msi file and choose "install" ?
After installing the msi file, the backupexecutor can be found within the installation directory (if it is still needed to
register it manually).

Actually the msi file should register the outlook add-in during installation process.

Kind regards,
Thomas