This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

two profiles in outlook 2013

Oct 16, 2015 at 12:07 AM
Hello, my name is Sergio,
use Outlook 2013 with two different profiles. (Company and private)
I wanted to ask if you can save the backup to two different folders.

example:

Company profile > company email folder
Private profile > private email folder

Do you have any idea how I can fix this?

Many thanks in advance.
Best regards,
Sergio Ponson
Coordinator
Oct 16, 2015 at 6:03 AM
Hello Sergio,

it could work but you have some limitations:
  • you must use "backup all" feature, so the outlook files are evaluated every time outlook ends
  • This way only the files of the current profile are backed up
  • The counter of days is the same. So if you set "1 day" this means one of the profiles
    will get backed up
for saving the files to different directories you must use a post-backup skript.
The profile name is used as a parameter and according to this parameter you must
move all the files to <dir1> or to <dir2>

If these topics are no issue, i can send you a compiled development version which
uses the profile name as a parameter for the batch-file.

Kind regards,
Thomas
Oct 16, 2015 at 9:36 AM
Hello Thomas,
forgive my ignorance, I did not understand.

You can spieare with more simplicity, I hope not to make or break you in making this request

Best regards,
Sergio
Coordinator
Oct 17, 2015 at 9:48 PM
Hello Sergio,
maybe i got too much into details.
The plugin doesnt currently support multiple profiles but you could use it with some limitations.
Whenever the backup takes place, a timestamp will be written. This timestamp will be used to determine
whether a new backup must start (when outlook closes).
This means for example: you set the time interval of backup to 1 day. If you open profile 1 and close outlook, a backup will be taken.
If you start outlook on the same day for profile 2 and close outlook, no backup will be triggered (because it already run that day)

Furthermore you need to activate the checkbox "backup all files" because the file to be backed up, changes with the selected profile.
Usually you can only configure one set of files to get backed up. With this checkbox, the files will be evaluated again when outlook closes.

If you are fine with this restrictions, you can use the post-backup-command feature to move the backups to different folders.
You need to write a script and configure the path to it (some sample scripts are located at https://outlookbackupaddin.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Script%20collection)

So all in all it has limitations when using multiple profiles and writing a script needs some programming skills.

Kind regards,
Thomas