This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Not showing all PST files

Aug 24, 2016 at 5:50 PM
Thanks for the software!

I have installed it on three laptops at a charity I volunteer for. They are all Windows 7 x64 using Outlook 2010 x86. Each laptop has one IMAP account set-up, saving to a .PST, with an additional archive .PST, all on a single profile. Using Backup Add-In v1.6.0.0.

One laptop has no additional Outlook-related software and the Backup Add-In sees both PSTs.

The other two the laptops use Code2's Public Folder Syncing software and have an additional Outlook.pst for this. Your Backup Add-In doesn't display the .PST file for either of these computer's .PSTs that their email accounts use i.e. username@domain (1).pst.
Backup Add-In only displays the Outlook.pst and Archive.pst.

I thought maybe the use of @ or () in the filename may have been the problem, as the "working" laptop doesn't use these, but this is not the case.

Backup Add-In correctly backs up all the .PSTs it can see. I have edited the registry for Backup Add-In and manually added the full .PST path for the "missing" .PST files, and the software backs up the PSTs successfully - but still doesn't display them.

Not sure what else to try to get the UI working so if you could suggest anything it'd be helpful.
Coordinator
Aug 24, 2016 at 8:23 PM
Hello,

IMAP usually saves its email into an ost-file. POP-Accounts are using pst-files.
So either you are using POP with pst-files or IMAP with ost-files.

The backup will work with pst files because IMAP accounts are server based and local ost file will only cache the data.
Furthermore ost-files are not suitable for backing up.
Please check out documentation at https://outlookbackupaddin.codeplex.com/wikipage?title=Files%20are%20not%20shown%20for%20backup

Kind regards,
Thomas