This project has moved. For the latest updates, please go here.

Install Issue - Outlook 2013 64-bit & Windows 7 Pro 64-bit

Mar 24, 2016 at 8:07 PM
Edited Mar 24, 2016 at 8:09 PM
When installing version 1.6 with Outlook 2013 64-bit - Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, the installer creates the CodePlex directory in \Program Files <x86>, regardless of whether you choose default or try to install them in \Program Files. This is not a big issue, but the installation app does not register the installation either. I tried unsuccessfully three times to uninstall the addin and reinstall with different installation options; the BACKUP tab just was not there. I finally followed the directions to manually register the addin by executing BackupExecutor.exe /register from an admin-elevated cmd prompt. The tab appeared and the backup addin works great. [See Here] (https://outlookbackupaddin.codeplex.com/discussions/646198).

Thank you for your time in producing such a useful addin.
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2016 at 8:27 PM
Hello,
thanks for your reply.
Unfortunately I couldn't reproduce the problems with the folder and missing registration (tested under Win10 Po 64 Bit).
If you like to help to figure out the problem, you could install with activated logging.
Just use elevated command prompt and install with verbose-logging:
msiexec /i "OutlookBackupAddIn.msi" /l*v LogFile.txt

This will create the LogFile.txt which contains additional information about the installation process.

Kind regards,
Thomas